ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chaganthi, Madhusudan R." <m...@cdc.gov>
Subject RE: Pattern Matching
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:18:12 GMT
rename .wlnotdelete to something else before this call.
(;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Porter [mailto:martin.porter@liberica.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 10:18 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Pattern Matching

I am trying to use a fileset to copy some directories & files to a new
target location as follows:-

<copy todir="${source_dir}">
    <fileset defaultexcludes="no" dir="${target_dir}">
       <exclude name="**/.wlnotdelete**"/>
       <exclude name="**/_tmp_war**"/>
    </fileset>
</copy>

This is working as expected and removing all instances of *_tmp_war
directories in the process
but still leaves all the '.wlnotdelete' directories. I know its because of
the '.' character at the start
of the directory name but I cant find any way of making it work. It must be
a regular expression
matching pattern but I cant find an example of how to do it....anyone got
any bright ideas or pointers
to any docs that might tell me.

TIA
Martin