ant-user mailing list archives

From "Corbin, James" <James.Cor...@starwoodhotels.com>
Subject RE: Zip files "empty" on Win2k with Ant 1.5.2
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:01:25 GMT

Please review the historical messages before posting.  This is a widely
known issue that has been reported by many folks.  You might checked the
latest cvs build.  They may have already fixed it.  I haven't kept up on the
issue so I am not sure.

-----Original Message-----
From: Callanan, Matthew [mailto:Matthew.Callanan@adc.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 11:09 PM
To: 'user@ant.apache.org'
Subject: Zip files "empty" on Win2k with Ant 1.5.2

Hi,

We've just upgraded Ant from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 and we're experiencing
problems with zip files created with the "zip" task.

We can zip and unzip files in our Unix environments fine.
Windows explorer reports the correct size for these files.
But when we attempt to view these files with WinZip (various versions)
on Windows they appear empty.

If we go back to 1.5.1 the problem disappears.

Any ideas?

(P.S. Please Cc. me with any responses.)

Some details:
UNIX OS: AIX 4, SunOS 5.8
Windows: 2000 Pro
WinZip: v8.0, v8.1