ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: unit testing with ant
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 23:45:26 GMT
Erik,

First - thanks for your support!  I'm continually humbled and pleased
with the reception we've gotten with our book.

And yes, ${junit.jar} is a property that is set by the example build
file that Steve and I used.  Its not something Ant sets itself.  I
usually do it this way:

junit.jar=${ant.home}/lib/junit.jar

in a lib.properties file that gets loaded by the main build file.
${ant.home} is automatically set by Ant.

To help answer both your e-mails, please download the JavaDevWithAnt
project I've created based on the project Steve and I created for the
book.  Its not quite the same as the sample code from the book, but its
quite close.  Its been streamlined to have a very simple build process
and not cluttered by those late night hacks we did in the heat of book
production deadlines.  Its available here:

	http://www.ehatchersolutions.com/JavaDevWithAnt/

You can see how all the classpaths get set up and there is an
explanation of it in the documentation you'll find there as well.  Let
me know if there are any questions, problems, or even suggestions.

	Erik