ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tiago Ferraz Machado" <tfer...@cpqd.com.br>
Subject RES: auto notification question...
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:38:15 GMT
Hi Ciramella,

Here we had a similar problem. We had to send an e-mail after the backup of a WinNT machine
was done. What we did was a bat file which made the backup into a zip file and send it to
a Unix machine. At the Unix machine, we made another script that check if the today's backup
was done, cleans old backups and send the e-mail.

Can't you upload mail.txt to a Unix-like machine and from there send the e-mail ??

Hope it helps,

Tiago.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Ciramella, EJ [mailto:ECiramella@emptoris.com]
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 26 de março de 2003 13:32
Para: 'Ant Users List'
Assunto: RE: auto notification question...

Now that's what I'm talking about.  What I'm doing is adding in one liners
(if errorlevel ==... echo %buildname% >> mail.txt) to each of the bat files
that echo a line into a file and going to use that file as an entry to
<messagefile>.

If the developers saw that I wrapped nmake in ant, they'd cry.  Excellent
suggestion tho!