ant-user mailing list archives

From "Duffey, Kevin" <KDuf...@marketron.com>
Subject RE: How to handle conditional capabilities?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:55:21 GMT
Hi Erik,

That sounds pretty close. Ideally, in a programmatic way I would have each little piece in
its own separate module, then call them however I wish, assembling the final "build" process
in a custom manner. For example, a target for make and build, where make would simply compile
classes and package up .jar files as necessary, but build would delete all compiled classes,
jar files, then do a full compile, then package up everything. I'd almost see it as a hierarchy
of targets. The default target is the one that "controls" everything, and always runs. Ideally
I'd like to be able to do something like:

if (build)
{
  <antcall target="init"/>
  <antcall target="clean"/>
  <antcall target="compile"/>
  <antcall target="build"/>
  <antcall target="package"/>
  <antcall target="deploy"/>
}
else if (make)
{
  <antcall target="compile"/>
  <antcall target="package"/>
}

Basically that is what I was hoping I could do, with of course a few variations on the above
for specific project needs.

So, is this possible without resorting to 3rd party .jar files (<script tag, etc)? It seems
to me my best bet is to just call EVERY target and have them all have if="" parameters, and
within some targets set properties at the end of completion and no errors. Is there a tag
that surrounds a target and can set or reset a property depending on if the target succeeded
or not?

Thanks.