ant-user mailing list archives

From "Duffey, Kevin" <KDuf...@marketron.com>
Subject How to handle conditional capabilities?
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2003 20:48:17 GMT
Hi all,

I am using Eclipse 2.1 (just released) and Ant 1.5.1. I have like 8 build scripts, one for
development, one for a clean build, one to build and package, and so forth. What I would like
to do is consolidate into one build file since most of the build files are the same. I am
fairly familiar with the basics of ant as I have been using it for a few years. I haven't
done anything like what I want to do now. Basically, I want to be able to pass in some parameters
that set properties. I may have something like:

<property name="version" value="1.2"/>
<property name="build.type" value="clean"/>

What I would like to do is somehow something like:

If (build.type == "clearn")
{
  <delete all dirs>
}
else if (build.type == "dev")
{
  <compile only changes>
}

the properties, the compiling of source, etc is the same for all my build files so either
a single build file, or perhaps some links to how to make pretty solid build scripts for different
types of builds would be very helpful.

Thanks.

---