ant-user mailing list archives

From Thorselius Göran <goran.thorsel...@scania.com>
Subject Ant and Eclipse - more clear
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 12:08:04 GMT
I'm a total newbie in XML, ant and eclipse

I guess I was a little unclear about what I would like to
do, so I'll try and explain it again.

I would like ant to compile Java code written in Eclipse
every night (scheduled job). In other words I don't want
the build to be done from within Eclipse. The build should
be done by a call in for example a .bat-file

I've read an example that told me to write this in my build.xml
<property name="build.compiler"
value="org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter"/>

This doesn't seem to work:
"Compiler Adapter 'org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter' can't be found."

I'm not suprised though, since ant don't know about eclipse.

Now I'm wondering: Is it really possbile for ant to use the built-in
JavaBuilder
in eclipse to compile code OUTSIDE eclipse ?