ant-user mailing list archives

From Ken Gentle <j.kenneth.gen...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Dropping JDK 1.1 support
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:02:23 GMT
As long as building with a 1.1 target is well supported, I'm +1 on dropping
1.1 as a requirement for a build or execution of Ant itself.

In my last several jobs, providing Application Service Provider model
software to corporations, I've had to deliver applets running in the
default IE 4/5 JVM, no plugins.

Ant has to maintain the ability to build targeting a 1.1 environment, and
as was mentioned in another email, the ability to use a 1.1 'javac' for
compilation is really handy, too.

         Ken