ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Price <epr...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: removing log output
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:09:45 GMT

Sebastien Blanc wrote:
> Hi !
>
> sorry but I lost the thread reference on somebody wanting to remove the
> log output and can't find it back through the mailing list coz only
> contains the last month archive.

Sorry that I can't answer your question, but on this note there are
other archives that are kept more up to date at theaimsgroup:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&r=1&w=2

> I just wanted to say that I am personnally not interested in seeing the
> ANT log output removed coz in some cases some builds are one time shot
> only and the log is highly needed; for instance the case of a general
> build, when labels are created/updated in the configuration management
> system the log is needed to know why a build did fail and I don't want
> to do have to launch the build an extra time just to see why it did fail
> so that the CMS is not overloaded with useless labels. another example
> is regression tests: if they did fail I want the build to show why so
> that the related developer can know very quicly what has to be
> corrected, at best after javac compilation.

Actually, I just thought that perhaps you could redirect the log output
to a file and then read it or not at your leisure.  You could even set a
task to delete this log file if the build does not fail.

Erik