ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: JspC generate servlet mappings
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:45:34 GMT
Matthew Oatham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have managed to pre compile my JSP using the ant task and from the command line using
the Tomcat jspc tool. Using the tomcat tool there is an option to generate servlet mappings
to be placed in web.xml. Is this option available in the ant jspc task? If so how is it used?
If not does anyone have any ideas how I can achieve it?

> Thanks.
>
> Matt.

yes, there is an option. No, I dont remember its name, look it up in the
  manual.

Be aware the tomcat team do not like (or want) people to precompile JSP
pages, as you end up hard coding your WAR to a specific point release of
  tomcat. If you force the compilation after deployment (I use httpunit)
then you get the appropriate JSPs for the version.