ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Taft <michaelt...@earthlink.net>
Subject Script Shell
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2003 23:52:36 GMT
Hello -
I've been using Ant in a hobbyist capacity for about a year now. I use
it in jEdit to help me build my project.

One thing I would like to do is automate the uploading of my website
materials to sourceforge. Currently, I have a single ant task that tars
them, gzips them, and then scps the whole lot to the home of my
sourceforge site. That all works great.

However, what I'd *really* like is to then be able to ssh into
sourceforge, and unzip and untar the bundle. I created an executable
task for ssh and was easily able to connect. But the next stage is
confusing me a little bit. What I  need to do is execute three bash
shell commands (cd blah blah, gunzip blah blah, and tar xf blah blah) on
the remote server.

Is there an executable task that does this?

In looking at the list archive, I found something about a "shellscript"
task that sounds right, but neither my copy of ant (both the very latest
plugin for jEdit, and the other (also new) copy I have on my machine
seem to implement this task.

So, my questions are:

1. Is "scriptshell" what I want?
2. If not, what is.