ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Quail <m...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Does anyone have an example of CVS commit done with Ant?
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:20:32 GMT
Here is an example for a real build file for doing a cvs commit

<cvs command="commit -m&quot;auto build increment&quot; buildnumber.txt"
failonerror="true"/>

The workspace looks a little like this:

./build.xml
./buildnumber.txt
./CVS/

That is, it is run from an already-checked-out workspace (hence the CVS
directory). That way, you don't need to specify the "package" attribute, the
command just runs "locally".

Does that make sense?

=Matt

Peter Adelmann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does anyone have an example of committing a file to CVS?  I need to build a jar and then
update CVS with the new jar file. It appears as though the task would go something like this: