ant-user mailing list archives

From Sebastien Blanc <Sebastien.Bl...@alcatel.com>
Subject Re: setting environmental variable from Ant script
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:59:20 GMT
hi !
just for an insigth, I usually restrain environment variables only to 3PPs archive location
for the projects I've been working on, and that's all. if different projects use different
version of 3PPs then they use a different environment loaded through a
different build.properties. if u're trying to build dynamically an environment variable, build
the path dynamically instead.
for test tasks environment variables are often used to locate configuration files or so in
C++ but in java I don't see the case.
seb.

Craig Berry wrote:

> It should probably be noted that the inability of a program to set variables in its calling
environment is a feature, not a limitation.  It allows you to invoke a series of programs
without worrying about environmental pollution screwing up later executions.