ant-user mailing list archives

From daniel rocco <roc...@cc.gatech.edu>
Subject apply task without srcfile?
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 23:02:08 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to create a task that uses only the filename part (not the
extension) of matched files.  My current approach is to use the apply
task, but I haven't been completely successful.  The task I'm using
below is supposed to pass a file argument to bibtex without the
extension, e.g. "file.aux" should be "file" on the command line.  What I
have is:

  <target name="bibtex" >
	<apply executable="${bibtex}" dir="${builddir}" dest="." >
	  <env key="BIBINPUTS" path="${bibdir}:." />
	  <targetfile/>
	  <fileset dir="${builddir}">
		<patternset>
		  <include name="**/*.aux" />
		</patternset>
	  </fileset>
	  <mapper type="glob" from="*.aux" to="*" />
	</apply>
   </target>

which _almost_ works; the effective command line is:

	bibtex file file.aux

Is there any way to suppress the implied use of the srcfile element?
Alternatively, is there a better way to do what I'm attempting here?

I apologize if this question has already been answered; I've checked the
documentation, the Web, and the list archives  without luck.

thanks for your help,
dan

--
daniel j. rocco  -|-  http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~rockdj  -|-  II cor. 4:7