ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Price <>
Subject Re: another unit-test question
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 23:28:19 GMT

Erik Price wrote:
> Should I be copying my production code source tree into a new tree with
> the test code embedded alongside it?  If so then what happens when I
> make a change to the source code, I have to first copy it into the test
> tree so that I can run the unit tests again?

Nevermind, it just clicked.  I keep the test code in one tree, and the
production code in another tree (so they are not mingled together), but
in my "test" target I can use the "javac" task on both trees and compile
them together into a single tree of unit-testable code, and run unit
tests on that...

...confirmed by Matt Quail as I finished up this email.  Thanks and
pardon me for not having seen this in the first place ;) !

View raw message