ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject information about ant
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:13:44 GMT
I am curious about how I may be able to benefit myself by understanding ant. I am a java developer
and create mainly  j2ee apps. I have run into a lot of people who say I need to understand
ant, but they never give me any solid reasons why.

I have read the docs, and I have never had the need to use make. Most of my apps are web-based.
I would at least understand from possibly someone who does similiar work as mine, as to see
if I could gain productivity by using this product.

I am always looking at ways to expedite compiling, creation of jars, creation of web apps.
Can ant assist on any of these lines?

Thanks,
Scott