ant-user mailing list archives

From "Witham, Darren (Contractor)" <wit...@bp.com>
Subject RE: Custom Task Error
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 17:50:30 GMT
Hi Mike,

   Thanks for that. Now you mention it I see that the error is occuring when a weblogic classloader
tries to do something. My task is being loaded by the AntClassLoader according the log. Question
is - can I do anything about it ?

Thx

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike McNally [mailto:m5@works.com]
Sent: 06 March 2003 17:25
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Custom Task Error

> Without knowing what the T3Client code does, are there any obvious
> reasons why working code should fall over when placed in a user
> written task or why just running the code via <java...> would
> appear to effect Ant after it returns unless it is run in another
> JVM ?

Class loader issues can cause that.  The second possibility you
describe is almost certainly impossible, unless the program in
the other JVM writes files the Ant process later picks up.

Ant will load your task code via the system classloader if your
task code is on your system classpath.  If not, then it loads
it with an instance of AntClassLoader.  If your weblogic stuff
has its own class loader (probably does), then strange things
can happen at the boundaries.

Try adding debug code to your Ant task class like this:

  log("Loader is: " + this.getClass().getClassLoader().getClass().getName());

--
[ you are my main foo ] Mike McNally -- m5@works.com