ant-user mailing list archives

From "ALIA-SC, David" <David.ALIA...@AirLiquide.com>
Subject RE : Rename with regexp ?
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:46:53 GMT
Hi Aurelien,

Try file mappers instead, described here :
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/mapper.html

David

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Aurelien Pernoud [mailto:apernoud@sopragroup.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 13 mars 2003 17:01
À : ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : Rename with regexp ?

Hi there,

I've been looking in the faq and in mailing-list archive but I don't find a
way to do this simple (?) thing.

I'd like to rename files this way :

file.extension      		 -> file.extension
file.version.extension         -> file_version.extension
file.foo.version.extension     -> file_foo_version.extension

In fact a simple replace of all "." (except last one) by "_" char.

So I tried using regexp extensions, without succes, I can only get the last
pattern match in the result.

I saw a related trouble there
http://www.mail-archive.com/ant-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg11158.html

But the answer was (at that time : 12/2001) "not possible".

I'm stuck :(

Thx for any pointer (even if it is "no you can't"),
Aurelien Pernoud.

PS : Please CC me if you have the answer, I'm not on this mailing-list.