ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Bodnar" <ja...@shakabuku.org>
Subject Help with <uptodate>
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:13:14 GMT
I'm trying to use <uptodate> to determine whether to run a zeus task or not. I
want to see if the dtd file zeus uses is newer than the .java files zeus last
generated. I have the following in my build.xml:

<!-- decide if we need to run the zeus task -->
<target name="configUptodate" depends="init"
             description="Update config classes if the dtd has changed">
  <uptodate property="dontRunZeus" srcfile="config.dtd"
	    targetfile="${src}/com/broadq/qcaststation/config/*.java"/>
</target>

<target name="zeus" depends="configUptodate" unless="${dontRunZeus}"
	description="make zeus classes">
  <zeus destDir="${src}">
    <constraint type="DTD" constraintFile="config.dtd"
	        collapseSimpleElements="true"
		javaPackage="com.broadq.qcaststation.config"/>
  </zeus>
</target>

But the zeus target is always getting run even though the dtd is older than
${src}/com/broadq/qcaststation/config/*.java.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jason

--
Jason Bodnar
jason@shakabuku.org

"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make
your blood boil who is standing center stage advocating at the top of
his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of
yours." -- President Andrew Shephard, "The American President"