ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike McNally ...@works.com>
Subject Re: does ant modify the requested classpath?
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 00:45:53 GMT
> Is Ant indeed prepending sun.boot.class.path to the classpath I request?

Not exactly.  The Ant classloader will (unless its arm is twisted) defer to
the system classloader in all cases.  Therefore, if a class can be found on
the System classpath, then that's the classloader that loads it.

That is apparently the preferred-by-Sun behavior for a class loader.

> What is the most reliable way to see what classpath is being eventually
> used?

Well, you can modify the class itself to dump out the class name of its
classloader, which is kinda the same thing.  Kinda.

--
[ you are my main foo ] Mike McNally -- m5@works.com