ant-user mailing list archives

From peter reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: SSH in ANT?!?! (WAS: RE: process on a remote server via an ANT ?????)
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:24:40 GMT
I do not have windows at the moment so take what
I am saying with a grain of salt.

The question is not really an ant question. So
test everything at the command line first.

I assume that there is a ssh deamon/service running on
the remote machine and there is a ssh command line
utility in your exec path.

If the sshd on the remote machine is a the cygwin sshd
and you have cygwin installed correctly on both machines
the script should work as is.

If cygwin sshd is installed on the remote machine but the
local machine does not have cygwin but does have another
ssh client cli program that can run in a bat file one can do

<shellscript shell="cmd.exe" tmpsuffix=".bat">
    <arg value="/c"/>
     <arg value="call">
      ssh ${server} ./script.sh
</shellscript>

Other combinations you need to try yourself.

Important to note that the ./script.sh is a file on the remote machine.

To run a script defined in the ant build file do:

<shellscript shell="sh">
    ssh ${server} <<END
cd /tmp
ls -lrta