ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Lancaster <lancaster_a...@yahoo.com>
Subject NullPointerException from XMLJUnitResultFormatter.endTestSuite
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:39:05 GMT
Has anyone seen this error while using the xml
formatter?

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.io.Writer.write(Writer.java:126)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.util.DOMElementWriter.write(DOMElementWriter.java:150)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter.endTestSuite(XMLJUnitResultFormatter.java:166)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.fireEndTestSuite(JUnitTestRunner.java:460)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTestRunner.java:344)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask.executeInVM(JUnitTask.java:861)

I have seen some postings related to this and they
mentioned it could be a classpath issue. I've tried
some different combinations for the classpath but with
no luck, and I have even tried the latest version of
ant. I am wondering what classes are being loaded by
ant or junit ( or even the test cases ) that would
cause an error like this?

Here is the junit task:

<junit printsummary="yes" showoutput="yes">

	<formatter type="xml"/>

	<classpath>
		<pathelement location="${build.root}/classes"/>
		<pathelement location="lib/log4j-1.2.6.jar"/>
		<pathelement location="lib/pg73jdbc3.jar"/>
	</classpath>

	<batchtest todir="./reports">
		<fileset dir="src">
			<include name="**/*Test*.java"/>
		</fileset>
	</batchtest>

</junit>

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.