ant-user mailing list archives

From otisg <ot...@ureach.com>
Subject Re: Junit and java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (file permission)
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:14:53 GMT
It turns out that setting
java.security.manager system property to an
empty value inside the <junit> task was the
culprit:

  <sysproperty key="java.security.manager"
value=""/>

I am not sure why this is a problem, but
taking this out seems to let junit task run
without the false file permission error.

Otis

---- On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, otisg
(otisg@ureach.com) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Ant 1.5.2 with JDK 1.4.1_02 on a
> Red Hat 7.3.
> Then running JUnit task I always get an
> error such as this one:
>
>     [junit] Running
> net.wgen.amp.action.ExampleActionTest
>     [junit] Exception in thread "main"
> java.security.AccessControlException: access
> denied (java.io.FilePermission

/home/otis/wgen/eclipse-workspace/mclass/ampNG/build/reports/ut/TEST-net.wgen.amp.action.ExampleActionTest.xml
> write)
>     [junit]     at

java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:270)
>     [junit]     at

java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:401)
>     [junit]     at

java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:542)
>     [junit]     at

java.lang.SecurityManager.checkWrite(SecurityManager.java:975)
>     [junit]     at

java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:169)
>     [junit]     at

java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)
>     [junit]     at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.FormatterElement.createFormatter(FormatterElement.java:206)
>     [junit]     at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.createAndStoreFormatter(JUnitTestRunner.java:562)
>     [junit]     at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:507)