ant-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Urteaga <totallyho...@yahoo.com>
Subject <csc> with Many Files
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:59:20 GMT
Hello All,

When I try to compile C# code using the <csc> task, I
get the following error message:

   [csc] The following character string is too long:
   [csc]  /nologo /debug- /incremental-
/main:view.SPSContainer /optimize-
/reference:System.Data.dll;System.dll;Syst
em.XML.dll;mscorlib.dll;dataobjects.dll;model.dll;System.Drawing.dll;System.Web.dll;System.Web.Services.dll;System.Windo
ws.Forms.dll /target:winexe
/warchangeControl\ChangeControlServiceDelegator.cs
C:\DATA\Indeliq\build\R2\spseditor\build\
src\view\controllerfactories\changeControl\ChangeControlServiceLocal.cs
**snip**

The remainder of the "long string" is a truncated
space delimited list of each file to be compiled. My
suspicion is that there is a character limit on the
Windows command shell. Any help with resolving this
issue would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Below
is a snippet of the build file:

   <target name="compileView" depends="compileModel">
      <csc
         debug="false"
         includeDefaultReferences="false"

references="System.Data.dll;System.dll;System.XML.dll;mscorlib.dll;dataobjects.dll;model.dll;System.Drawing.dll;System.Web.dll;System.Web.Services.dll;System.Windows.Forms.dll"
         destfile="spseditor.exe"
         mainClass="view.SPSContainer"
         targetType="winexe"

extraOptions="/resource:view.SystemStrings.resource"
         srcDir=".\src\view"
      />
   </target>

Personally, I think the <csc> task should somehow use
the option, "/recurse:*.cs" if the attribute
"includes" is not implicitly defined.