ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike McNally ...@works.com>
Subject Re: What happens to my slashes
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:19:12 GMT
> The delimiter is set in a properties file:
>
> vssProject="testing tmp\current"

Properties files I suspect need to be encoded so that the "parser" invoked
by Properties.load() results in the value you intend.  Specifically in this
case I strongly suspect that you need to double your backslash.

You can write a little Java program to take a string, set some miscellaneous
property to that value, and then save the property to a StringBufferOutputStream
and finally dumping the result out for you to look at.  I don't believe that
the format of property files is explicitly documented anywhere by Sun, though
it's been a while since I've gone looking for such documentation.

--
[ you are my main foo ] Mike McNally -- m5@works.com