ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike McNally ...@works.com>
Subject Re: Deploying to multiple servers
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 21:16:56 GMT
> I need to write an ant script to deploy to multiple servers. The number
> of servers and their properties should be configurable.

I'm finding that using XSL to translate a smaller XML build spec
into an Ant build XML file works wonders for such special purposes.
You don't have to do anything icky in Ant.  All you maintain is
the translating stylesheet that captures the Ant targets/tasks
you want to generate based on your needs.  Your Ant build then
has a target that runs <xslt> to generate the output build file
from your smaller spec file, and then uses <ant> to call a target
in that generated file.

--
[ you are my main foo ] Mike McNally -- m5@works.com