ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike McNally ...@works.com>
Subject defining target dependencies
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 00:25:20 GMT
There's not a way to define target depenencies other than by
setting the "depends" attribute in the <target> tag, right?
In other words, I can't do something like:

  <target name='x'>
    <depends name='a'/>
    <depends name='b'/>
    <depends name='c'/>
  </target>

I want to do that because I'm generating Ant build files via
an XSL transform of a simpler file, and it's quite painful to
ensure that a "depends" list (whose contents depend on a variety
of factors in the source XML file) does not violate the <target>
tag's very picky refusal to handle leading and trailing commas
in the list.

Maybe this should be an enhancement request.

--
[ you are my main foo ] Mike McNally -- m5@works.com