ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chappell, Simon P" <Simon.Chapp...@landsend.com>
Subject RE: Dropping JDK 1.1 support
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:25:31 GMT
I do recognise the issue here. And for some it is going to be insurmountable. But I still favour
moving forward. Life is a series of trade-offs. I am willing and able to move forward, you
are unable to move forward. (I make no assertions about your willingness). The list will vote
and the outcome will be decided. That's the way it is.

We have a very similar situation at my employer. They have selected WebSphere as their application
server, but they selected version 4 which restricts us mightily in our J2EE options, and because
they also selected WSAD 4, we get stuck with ant 1.3! Now that's an old version of ant. So
to use a newer version we have to break the rules, install a recent SDK and use ant externally
to the officially blessed environment. This happens, and we deal with it the best we can.

Simon