ant-user mailing list archives

From Pedro Salazar <>
Subject task depends on file changes...
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:53:50 GMT

I would like to know if is it possible make the execution of a task
depends on the changes of a specific non java file, XML for instance?

My readings of <depend> element is that it won't work here because it
only cares about the references encoded in the classes files to
determine the relation of java sources and classes.

What I need here is that before I try to find out if I would need to
recompile my sources, I would like to see if I need to regenerate my
sources files or not, through the changes on a XML file.

My real need is for CASTOR references. If I change my schema file (XML),
I want to regenerate my java sources bindings for that schema.

Is there any ant task that could apply here to fulfill my needs?

Pedro Salazar.
<id name="pedro salazar">

View raw message