ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shawn" <sh...@koyuru.com>
Subject jar zip custom task question
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 06:31:51 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to build a midp application via Ant and need suggestions on how to jar it.

It seems like Ant's zip and jar classes are an alternative to and do not make use of Sun's
jar utility?  Is that correct?

The reason I ask is that, I need to use a certain utility (From KDDI) to do that which adds
some extentions for a Japanese mobile phone.

Within Jar's constructor I noticed  archiveType = "jar"; and could set that to Kddi's extention(kjx)
but can't find where I could swap Kddi's jar utility (kjx.jar) for Sun's utility.  It seems
like there isn't a place to do that and Ant's zip and jar classes are an alternative method
that don't make use of Sun's utility.

If not, where is that utility set.

If so, could anyone suggest how to jar files in Ant using Sun's utility (I could then switch
to kjx).

TIA,

Shawn