ant-user mailing list archives

From "John Guthrie" <jguth...@psynapsetech.net>
Subject Re: Classpath in Java task
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:52:50 GMT
> > so my question is how do i get the rt.jar into my Java object's
> > classpath?
>
> You could add the JRE libraries to the classpath you pass in to
> <taskdef , but that doesn't get you completely out of the fire.

but i don't want to have to hunt up where the jre is, or require folks using
my task to do so either. i want to be able to pass on the classpath that the
task is using if i can really.

> > is there a way to get the classpath that is in my task and pass
> > that on to the Java task (along with that the user specified),
> > and/or is that even a good idea?
>
> How exactly is your <taskdef set up?

i am testing with something a la
 <target name="oofa">
    <taskdef name="loofa" classname="org.foo.Loofa"
classpathref="some.classpath">

the classpathref basically points to a bunch of support jars the ultimate
java class needs (e.g. antlr.jar) but not rt.jar (who ever needs to add
rt.jar to their classpath?)

thanks.

john