ant-user mailing list archives

From "John Guthrie" <jguth...@psynapsetech.net>
Subject Classpath in Java task
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:30:48 GMT
i am writing a task that wraps a java routine. my (squonking good) copy of
'java development with ant' gives an example of this (p. 491). so in my task
i create a Java object in my execute() and try to use that

problem is that i set the classpath based on the task settings and, when i
run it, i get a NoClassDefException on a class that is in the rt.jar. if i
add the jre's rt.jar to the classpath it works (well, it fails in a
different place, and that's progress).

so my question is how do i get the rt.jar into my Java object's classpath?
is there a way to get the classpath that is in my task and pass that on to
the Java task (along with that the user specified), and/or is that even a
good idea?

thanks.

---
john