ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: JspC
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:32:33 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Berry" <Craig.Berry@portblue.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>; "Ant Users List"
<user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 09:16
Subject: RE: JspC

> Correct on all counts, of course.  Jspc could use some major tweaking, but
it would be hard getting things right for all the various jspc runtime
formats and packages and so forth; I think there will always be a DIY klude
component to it.

I agree on both counts. We (you?) could add better support to jspc for
directories, but it is still troubled. Also its dependency checking doesnt
handle static included stuff, or taglib & java import dependencies

> Equally useful to me would be an option where Jasper would precompile all
the JSPs during startup...anybody happen to know if that's in the works?

There is this thing where get somepage?jsp  should just compile the page,
not execute it. So we could do a task to precompile against any app server:

<precompile server= "http://server/app" user="admin" password="admin"
log="fetch.txt">
    <get dir="webapp" includes="**/*.jsp" args="?jsp" />
    <get dir="webapp" includes="**/*.jpg" />
</precompile>

Here we have (hypothetically) issued a get against the JSP fileset, all
mapped against the remote webapp URLs, then fetched all the jpegs. This task
would also fail by default if anything went wrong...

Worth someone writing? (not me, I'm busy)