ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: html reporting for JUnit: anteater or just ant?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:22:22 GMT
Anteater isnt just about html reporting, it is about functional testing of
server side code running in an instance of tomcat your tests start just for
the purpose.

If you need to do that, anteater is for you

----- Original Message -----
From: <Erik.Ostermueller@alltel.com>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 09:53
Subject: html reporting for JUnit: anteater or just ant?

Hello, all.

I'm trying to find the best way to do html reporting for JUnit.

I just read this:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-junitmail/.
I also noted this work has been added it to Ant 1.4.1.

My question is this.  If this functionality is already in ant, why would one
need the 'anteater' extension?
Here is a quote from the anteater site: (http://aft.sourceforge.net/)

"Provides XML logging and HTML reporting, extending that found in Ant's
JUnit tasks. Supports frames and non-frames HTML output. The generated HTML
is easily customizable to match your website's look. "

So is ant sufficient, or do I need anteater?

Thanks,

--Erik Ostermueller