ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: JspC
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:23:26 GMT
I am going to strongly encourage you not to use jspc to precompile stuff.
The problem is that jspc depends on jasper, and jasper (from the tomcat
team) is not apparently recommended for use in precompilation.

Their argument is that with run time deployment, you can be sure you are
compiling JSP pages for the current version of tomcat; with precompilation,
you need to rebuild for every point release or get obscure errors . No doubt
the tomcat buglist gets to see those errors, so they have a point.

I use httpunit & junit to JIT compile after deploying, and to test the code
at the same time

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Oatham" <matthewoatham@hotmail.com>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 06:16
Subject: JspC

Hi,

I am currently trying to figure out how to use the ant jspc task to
pre-compile my jsps. The task runs through fine but now what? I am left with
the java code for the generated sservlets but how do I deploy these? Do I
remove all the source .jsp files and replace them with the .java files? Also
jsp's that were originally stored in various directory structures now appear
all in the same directory specified as my destination. Is this correct
behaviour? Also how so I edit my web.xml file to include the servlet