ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Zhao" <>
Subject Problem encountered with <mapper>
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:25:29 GMT

I am working on a build.xml file in which I'd like to check that certain dependent files are
up to date with respect to its source. I am using Ant 1.5.2 on Window 2000.

The mapper tag essentially tries to find the generated Local interface of some EJB's. Everything
seems to work
except a property associated with directory ${gen.src.dir}. Unless I "hardcode" it, i.e.,
put "C:\\topdir\\subdir", nothing works.

I tried:

<property name="gen.src.dir" value="topdir${file.separator}subdir"/>
<property name="gen.src.dir" value="topdir\${file.separator}subdir"/>
<property name="gen.src.dir" value="topdir\\\${file.separator}subdir"/>

In each case, the "\" between topdir and subdir gets eaten and consequently
causes the mapper not finding files it should find.

     <mapper   type="regexp"

Please help.