ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ilja Preuss" <pre...@disy.net>
Subject AW: anthill vs. cruisecontrol
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 07:44:49 GMT
We are currently using cruisecontrol and are definitely reaching its
limits. We are working on a huge number of interrelated CVS modules
(>40). Due to missing dependency-management in cruisecontrol, we always
have to do a full build of all modules once one of them changed. A build
currently takes 30-40 minutes, so you sometimes get an email more than
an hour after you checked something in, which is a far to big time span.

Anthill has an inbuild dependency management for projects, which
probably would help. We will try it in the near future...

See also http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?AntHillvsCruiseControl and linked pages
for more discussions - but notice that some if it is outdated.

Regards, Ilja