ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ilja Preuss" <>
Subject AW: anthill vs. cruisecontrol
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 08:28:46 GMT
> who of you is doing continues integration?

We are doing it more or less - based on personal preference. Personally,
I like to integrate several times a day; sometimes several times an

> where are the
> limits of it? e.g a build takes 30 minutes, so makes it sense
> to integrate every time someone (of maybe 30 developers)
> checks something in. wouldnt that cause that every 30 minutes
> a build runs and everyone gets a e-mail (failed/ok), thats
> makes him bored about the buildmails... or is it possible to
> just inform the developer thats class made the build fail?

Cruise Control (Anthill too, I suppose) only informs those developers
who changed something since the last successfull build. And certainly
all those *need* to be informed. In fact, I don't feel good when I don't
get the cruise control email telling me that everything still works fine
a short time after check-in.

In my experience, the only limit is build time - it needs to be short.
In fact, the more developers are working on a project, the shorter it
needs to be (to reduce conflicts). So you need to partition big projects
- well, you need to do this anyway...

Did that help?

++ disy auf der CeBIT: Besuchen Sie uns vom 12. - 19. März 2003 in
    Hannover im SUN-Partnerpavillon in Halle 1, Stand 8a1 ++
++ disy Cadenza: Informationsintegration am i*net Arbeitsplatz ++
++ disy Conference: The easy way of audio conferencing ++
++ disy Call-Back Office: Call-Back-Buttons für Kundenservice im Web ++

     Ilja Preuß
     disy Informationssysteme GmbH
     Stephanienstr. 30                           Tel: +49 721 1 600 624
     D-76133 Karlsruhe, Germany                  Fax: +49 721 1 600 605

++ Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter ++

View raw message