ant-user mailing list archives

From Rod Macpherson <maild...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: JspC
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 06:56:43 GMT
"supporting multi-directory jsps requires a bit more work to get it right"

I would say the kludge is ant's jspc task; not your use of jspc and javac.
As for not working with a "multi-directory" (read: pretty much any
commercially viable web application) structure, are you sure that works at
all? The new JspC seems to not deal with that at all. You have to compile
each directory individually and assume all sorts of things about package
names based on the target appserver. BTW, here's a good hint for JSPs: don't
use a jsp extension on included JSPs. That way they do not get compiled
'sept when explicitly included.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Berry" <Craig.Berry@portblue.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>; <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 5:27 PM
Subject: RE: JspC

> This is a bit of a kludge, but it works (under Tomcat, at least).  I
looked around to find the directory where Tomcat's Jasper engine was storing
jsp-generated .java and .class files.  Having built them in my build tree
using jspc and javac, I then just copied them over to the "right" place
under the deploy tree, and it all works fine.  You have to be careful to
order the deployment so that the deployed jsp files are done first, and
hence end up with a (very slightly) early timestamp than the derived java
and class files.

> Note that Tomcat/Jasper uses an odd directory naming convention for where
generated jsp files get stored, so supporting multi-directory jsps requires
a bit more work to get it right.

Also