ant-user mailing list archives

From "ALIA-SC, David" <David.ALIA...@AirLiquide.com>
Subject RE : How to delete directory using <ftp> ?
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:36:48 GMT
Thanks Robert,

That's what I needed.

David

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Robert r. Sanders [mailto:robert.sanders@ipov.net]
Envoyé : vendredi 28 mars 2003 17:12
À : Ant Users List
Objet : Re: How to delete directory using <ftp> ?

Not sure how to do so with the ftp task included with Ant.  check out
our refactoring of the code at  http://oss.ipov.org/iftp-ant/  it makes
the task definitions much easier, including the ablity to delete entire
directory trees if you and.  It is available under the Apache license.
Internally it uses the same NetComponents classes that the Ant ftp does,
just with a easier to use set of task definitions.

ALIA-SC, David wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The doc says :
>
>"As you've probably guessed by now, you use nested fileset elements to
>select the files to delete from the remote FTP server. Again, the
>filesets are relative to the remote directory, not a local directory.
>In fact, the dir attribute of the fileset is ignored completely. "
>
>So how can I delete a remote directory ?
>
>(I've tried <fileset dir="${dir}"/> in the <ftp action="del"../> but it
>only deletes files in the ${dir} directory, not the directory
>itself...)
>
>David

    Robert r. Sanders
    Chief Technologist