ant-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Goodnough" <>
Subject Re: AW: Useful to allow a <dirset> in an <ant> task ?
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:39:19 GMT
Yes, it does - but wouldn't be more staight-forward to extend the Ant
task?  I'll see what I can come up with and also play around with

>>> 2/25/2003 10:12:12 AM >>>
Does <subant> meets your needs?

Jan Matèrne

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Andrew Goodnough []
Gesendet am: Dienstag, 25. Februar 2003 16:43
Betreff: Useful to allow a <dirset> in an <ant> task ?

I'm looking into this right now and I just thought I'd get everyone's
thoughts.  Here's what I'd like to be able to do:

  <target name="compile-subprojects">
    <ant antfile="build.xml" target="compile" inheritAll="false">
      <dirset dir="." includes="${subprojects}"/>     <!--new
functionality -->

As you can see, this would help me compile sub-projects without having
to name the subproject folders ahead of time.  This is important as
like to have developers specify new sub-projects in the properties
(on which this project's build is dependent) without editing with the
build file.

What do you think or is there some way to do this now?  Thanks in

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message