ant-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Goodnough" <Andrew.Goodno...@wicourts.gov>
Subject Useful to allow a <dirset> in an <ant> task ?
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:42:39 GMT
I'm looking into this right now and I just thought I'd get everyone's
thoughts.  Here's what I'd like to be able to do:

  <target name="compile-subprojects">
    <ant antfile="build.xml" target="compile" inheritAll="false">
      <dirset dir="." includes="${subprojects}"/>     <!--new
functionality -->
    </ant>
  </target>

As you can see, this would help me compile sub-projects without having
to name the subproject folders ahead of time.  This is important as I'd
like to have developers specify new sub-projects in the properties file
(on which this project's build is dependent) without editing with the
build file.

What do you think or is there some way to do this now?  Thanks in
advance.

Andy