ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: international encoding (hebrew) and property task
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:10:35 GMT
On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Antoine Levy-Lambert <>

> When I tried instead to get my hebrew message from a property file,
> I got garbage, and I have a suspicion that the property task does
> not process properly (or cannot process) files containing
> UTF8.

<property> uses

                FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(file);
                try {

which would need to be modified if you want a different encoding than
the platform's default.

If you want to dive in and patch it, may I suggest to add the encoding
attribute to <loadproperties> instead and leave the poor overloaded
<property> task alone 8-)

View raw message