ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: running junit on ant source
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:28:17 GMT
On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Adam Hardy <adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote:

> I get this failure on the first testcase junit comes to and I don't
> know what it means.

It means that the test has failed 8-)

More seriously, I suspect something in your setup is different from
the way Ant's testsuite expects it to be.

> Is it obvious to anyone what's wrong here?

Not from the small snippet you post.

> because according to junit, I should get more info when a test fails
> - I presume that the "null" here would normally be a line or 2 about
> what failed:

No, the "null" probably means that an assertTrue(condition) has
failed.  Somewhere since JUnit 3.7 or 3.8 it will print null as a
message when you use the one-arg version of assertTrue.

Can you post the full stack-trace (probably to the dev list) as well
as details on you setup?

Stefan