ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: filelist dir attribute
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:21:06 GMT
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Adam Hardy <> wrote:

> All the paths I want to use are absolute, but pathelement can't
> handle absolute paths - it treats them all as relative in the way I
> stated according to my testing and knowledge of the src code,
> relative to the basedir as you call it.

Hmm, it is supposed to work differently.

If the argument to location is an absolute path, it will get
"normalized", i.e. all (back)slashes will be move in the right
direction.  This also involves capitalizing the drive letter on

<pathelement location="d:/foo"/>

is supposed to become D:\foo on Windows, no matter what your basedir
points to.

If it doesn't, you've encountered a bug and we'd like to know about
it.  I'm pretty sure it would become a WORKSFORME, though, as this is
how almost all attributes of Ant work (that are known to point to
files) and thus would have been found by others before.

View raw message