ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Missing & misleading documentation, help needed on advanced Jar functionality
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:36:45 GMT
On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, <webhiker@tiscali.fr> wrote:

> I'm aware of the licensing implications of packaging 3rd party jars
> together, but it's the only solution I have until someone finds an

Class-Path: activation.jar

in your jar's mainfest and distribute activation.jar with your jar.

JAF's license allows you to distribute activation.jar as long as you
distribute it unchanged.  In the "supplemental terms" of the
click-through license it says

,----
| 2. License to Distribute Software.  In addition to the license granted
| in Section 1 (Software Internal Use and Development License Grant) of
| these Supplemental Terms, subject to the terms and conditions of this
| Agreement, including but not limited to, Section 3 (Java Technology
| Restrictions) of these Supplemental Terms, Sun grants you a
| non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to reproduce and
| distribute the Software in binary code form only, provided that you
| (i) distribute the Software complete and unmodified and only bundled
| as part of your Programs,
`----

and some more conditions you may want to look up yourself.

Unjaring activation.jar and adding the classes to your jar would
certainly violate (i).

Stefan