ant-user mailing list archives

From Tony.Cavan...@smartstream-md.com
Subject Re: Using Ant With CVS
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:32:37 GMT

Sorry I figured it out I needed to put it within target blocks.

<target name = "CVS">
  <!-- Update from CVS-->
      <cvs cvsRoot="ext:tcava@st00894:C:/program
files/cvsnt/repository/FirstJavaProject/FirstJava"
       cvsRsh="ssh"
       command="update"/>
  </target>

                      Tony.Cavanagh@smartst

                      ream-md.com                  To:       "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                   cc:

                      03/02/2003 15:24             Subject:  Using Ant With CVS

                      Please respond to

                      "Ant Users List"

Currently I have a Build script that compiles and builds a project using
ant.

What I want to add to my script is the ability to take the latest files out
of CVS and then build them.

I added the task cvs to my build.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="FirstJavaProject" default="dist" basedir=".">
    <description>
        First java project build file
    </description>
  <!-- set global properties for this build -->
  <!--property name="src" location="src"/-->
  <property name="build.compiler" value=
"org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter"/>
  <property name="src" location="FirstJava"/>
  <property name="build" location="build"/>
  <property name="dist"  location="dest"/>

  <cvs cvsRoot="ext:tcava@st00894:C:/program
files/cvsnt/repository/FirstJavaProject/FirstJava"
       cvsRsh="ssh"
       command="update"/>

When I run ant I get the error unexpected element "cvs" I thought cvs was a
key word.

Thanks for any help Tony