ant-user mailing list archives

From hari.kalako...@verizon.com
Subject Re: How to pass a value from a custom task to ant ?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 03:34:23 GMT

This worked.
Wonderful solution.
Thanks
HP

                      "Erik Hatcher"

                      <jakarta-ant@ehatchersol        To:       "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>

                      utions.com>                     cc:

                                                      Subject:  Re: How to pass a value from
a custom task to ant ?
                      02/12/2003 09:38 PM

                      Please respond to "Ant

                      Users List"

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 09:28  PM,
hari.kalakonda@verizon.com wrote:
> What is the problem.  Can we not access like this.
> Is the ant going to read system properties at startup and doesn't care
> about the properties set at runtime ?

Exactly.

To set a property (in the Ant sense of the word, not the Java System
sense), use project.setNewProperty().  I'd recommend one of the
parameters to your task be the property name to set so that its
dynamically configurable and not hard-coded.

             Erik