ant-user mailing list archives

From Tony.Cavan...@smartstream-md.com
Subject Re: Compiling and building your own ant.jar
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:21:14 GMT

I have used -debug with ant but it doesnt give me any new information. The
error message with debug  get states

Setting ro project property: ant.version -> Apache Ant version 1.5.1
compiled on October 2 2002
Setting ro project property: ant.file -> C:
\Work\WebConnect\Sandbox\SecondProject\person\build.xml
parsing buildfile build.xml with URI =
file:C:/Work/WebConnect/Sandbox/SecondProject/person/build.xml
Setting ro project property: ant.project.name -> SecondProject
Adding reference: SecondProject -> org.apache.tools.ant.Project@30d082
Project base dir set to: C:\Work\WebConnect\Sandbox\SecondProject\person
 +Target: getFromPVCS
   +Task: pvcs
Build sequence for target `getFromPVCS' is [getFromPVCS]
Complete build sequence is [getFromPVCS]

getFromPVCS:
     [pvcs] Executing 'pcli' with arguments:
     [pvcs] 'lvf'
     [pvcs] '-z'
     [pvcs] '-aw'
     [pvcs] '-pr//Titan/PVCS Archive/WebConnect'
     [pvcs] '/archives/Sandbox'
     [pvcs]
     [pvcs] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
     [pvcs] not part of the command.
Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: Executing 'pcli' with arguments:
'lvf'
'-z'
'-aw'
'-pr//Titan/PVCS Archive/WebConnect'
'/archives/Sandbox'

The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
not part of the command.

     [pvcs] PVCS Version Manager (VMGUI) v6.7.00 (Build 894) for Windows
NT/80x86
     [pvcs] Copyright 1985-2000 MERANT.  All rights reserved.

Now I have a good guess  that  '-pr//Titan/PVCS Archive/WebConnect'
(setting my repository to  //Titan/PVCS Archive/WebConnect)  is causing the
build to fail, but I dont know why.

By adding debug code into the method that deals with PVCS, I can see if its
a ant prooblem, a PVCS problem or even if ant is having problems with my
mapping to the other machine where the PVCS repository is stored.

The error message : "The ' characters around the executable and arguments
are not part of the command." is not very helpful.

Tony

                      Adam Rzadkowolski

                      <adam.rzadkowolsk        To:       "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>

                      i@axit.pl>               cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Compiling and building your own
ant.jar
                      19/02/2003 14:11

                      Please respond to

                      "Ant Users List"

At 14:04 2003-02-19 +0000, you wrote:

>Has anyone downloaded the ant source and used it to build there own
>ant.jar, the reason I would like to do this is so that I can put proper
>error messages in and see where my build is falling over.

why don't you use ant -debug?
Adam