ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Oatham" <matthewoat...@hotmail.com>
Subject Javac oddities
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:24:15 GMT
Hi,

When running the javac task everything works fine, however when running the project a second
time with the -debug option I can see that the source is being re-compiled, well I get msgs
like ...

[javac] MLWriter.java added as C:\WorkArea\5_14\Build\classesTest\XMLWriter.class doesn't
exist.

But XMLWriter.class does exists, I can see it in the directory from the first time the javac
task was run. I thought the behaviour of the javac task was only to compile if the source
didn't hava a class file or the source was newer than the class?

Any thoughts?

Regards.

Matthew